As an independent club we are not bound by UK Athletics bureaucratic rule book. However, there may be occasions where is prudent or even polite to observe their regulations - such as wearing club colours in UKA licensed races. Our rules are mostly about safety but as with any group or club we will not tolerate bad social behaviour (This may lead to suspension)
- Group Leaders are responsible for safety and runners should always abide by their instructions
- NO-ONE GETS LEFT BEHIND - to achieve this, the practice of looping or waiting for slower runners must be always adhered to. The faster runners in a group therefore run further during a session.
- iPods & MP3 Players are strictly banned during club running sessions to ensure the safety of runners, their awareness of traffic and cyclists
- When running in the dark winter months, you must wear a Hi Viz bib or running top.
- Social Media: Check out our FaceBook page. It is used for announcements, latest updates, comments and invitations. However, please be aware the sensitivity of others - we will not tolerate swearing, racist comments, gossip or trolls on our social media environment.
- Club Activities: The organisation of any activities under the club name should be notified to everyone (normally via Facebook) but members should recognise their own abilities before taking part.
Organisers will also have access to the facilities for texting and emailing members to ensure that EVERONE is aware of events, additional training sessions or any other club activities.